1. scarpetta=the action of sopping up the juices on one’s plate with one’s bread
2. people from Hamburg are Hamburgers (epiphony while i was hungry)
3. the iconic neon cross in verona which i was so painfully curious about turns out was just put up by a monastery as a guiding light from the city centre. bet they didn’t think it’d be in R + J–great movie–as a symbol of verona.
4. south africa has the best slang: laka laka means awesome.
5. the bird-like long-nosed carnival mask was used by doctors in the times of the plague, since the “beak” was the appropriate length to stand back from a plague victim to prevent the spread of the disease. obviously this didn’t work out so well for a third of europe.
6. i really really really love big clocks and sun dials. i think i’ll become a clockmaker.
7. everything’s disposable–no matter how beautiful and historically significant it eventually turns to ruins or recycled into something new. best to stay open minded to modern art movements… they could very well be a new renaissance. above all–all that lasts and all that matters is the story.
rock steady ❤